Are the Fillings in Your Teeth Toxic?

The short answer is, “Yes,” if they are mercury amalgam fillings, however, the long answer is much more complicated. “Yes,” because the mercury in them is unquestionably toxic. “Possibly, no,” if they are sealed properly and are not leaking material into your system. The only way to really know is testing.

Here is an interesting article on the issue from the Chicago Tribune:

Are Your Fillings Toxic?

Simply having your fillings extracted may cause more trouble than it is worth if you don’t currently have issues from your fillings, as the extraction process itself carries the risk of releasing material into the body. I would certainly not get any MORE amalgam fillings… there are good alternatives… but you would need to be tested to see if there are issues from your current fillings.

More Info on Mercury in Fillings

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.