The benefits of Beet Root Juice are, frankly, amazing! Check out these benefits (and this is not even a complete list!)
- Beet Root juice is more than just good for your health: Its compounds can also help you to decrease the chance you have of developing dementia.
- Potassium is an essential mineral for the body, and it’s especially essential for any specific health conditions that affect the heart. Beet Root contains potassium for a natural health boost!
- Beet juice is one of the best ways to detox your liver, and it helps rid your liver of toxins.
- Beet juice can actually help to decrease your risk of developing cancer.
- Beet Root juice contains natural Vitamin A, an important vitamin, crucial to your health!
- Beet juice is the most powerful natural anti-inflammatory you can add to your diet!
- Beet Root juice can be a great help when you’re trying to improve your eyesight, and research supports the theory that beet juice can even be helpful to aid the symptoms of common health conditions such as glaucoma.
- Beet Root juice helps to strengthen hair and prevent hair loss in men and women. For men, it can slow the spread of male pattern baldness, and for women, it stops hair thinning. Beet Root contains high levels of potassium, one of the causes of hair loss. Potassium also stimulates follicles to produce thicker hair.
- Drinking Beet Root juice also encourages the production of collagen in the body. Collagen is the protein building block for healthy bones, skin, and hair. When the body has a collagen deficiency from certain inflammatory bone diseases, such as arthritis, it loses collagen, calcium and other vital minerals into the bloodstream where they excrete through urine.
- Hemoglobin is a protein found in red blood cells that carries oxygen throughout the body. If we have low hemoglobin levels, due to an iron deficiency, the blood struggles to absorb enough oxygen to satisfy the needs of our internal organs. As a result, the brain begins to shut down all non-essential organs and parts of the body that don’t require as much oxygen to function. Affected individuals may notice feelings of light-headedness, shortness of breath after walking, and dizzy spells. These symptoms occur due to starving the brain of oxygen. Beet Root aids in hemoglobin production.
- Beet Root improves iron levels in the body, reducing symptoms of anemia. The root is high in folate, another nutrient critical in the production of healthy red blood cells. Beet Root is so effective at improving iron levels, as it’s a rich source of non-heme iron (plant-based iron.) So much so, that doctors often ask anemic individuals to include it in their diet.
- Beet Root juice also stimulates the production of nitric oxide in the body. Studies show that elevated nitric oxide levels increase blood cell volume, allowing them to carry more oxygenated blood to your muscles.
- Doctors recommend that people with hypertension increase their intake of the minerals potassium, calcium, magnesium, and eat vegetables that create more nitric oxide in the blood. Drinking Beet Root juice provides the body with all of these essential nutrients, as well as a healthy dose of nitric oxide to improve circulation by opening up constricted veins.
- Drinking Beet Root juice improves insulin sensitivity in obese individuals. Beet Roots contain “alpha-lipoic acid,” (ALA.) This antioxidant alleviates stress-induced blood sugar changes in diabetic individuals, as well as lowers glucose levels.
- Drinking Beet Root juice helps the body maintain a better triglyceride profile by reducing the liver’s production of LDL, and increasing the production of HDL cholesterol the type of lipoprotein responsible for optimal heart health. The additional nitric oxide also improves circulation, reducing the development of plaque deposits.
- Drinking Beet Root juice eliminates free radicals before they do any damage. Drinking a glass of the juice first thing in the morning gives your body a dose of healthy vitamins and minerals, along with free radical-fighting antioxidants.
Recipe for a Beet Root Juice Heart, Blood Pressure and Liver Tonic
2 medium sized beets (depending on how wide the mouth of your juicer is, you may need to cut them in half or quarters)
2½ inches of fresh ginger (plus more to taste)
5 small sweet apples
1 lemon (skin removed)
3 medium fresh carrots
Add all ingredients to a juicer, or blender.
Recipe makes about 20 ounces of juice. About two servings. Best in the morning to start your day out right, but can be used as a tonic any time!